Explore Southern Illinois
We are so blessed to live in a beautiful blend of small towns, a state university, and lots of nature. We are surrounded by lush wineries, blooming orchards, and incredible small businesses with huge hearts. So this weekend, get ready to explore what Southern Illinois has to offer.
Here’s our suggestion for ways to have an exciting weekend in our region with your best friends or family:
- Start your day at Eccentrics Boutique. (Obviously.) Shop our new arrivals and find that picture-perfect outfit for the Instagram-worthy road trip ahead.
- Grab brunch at Rise Above It Bakery & Cafe in downtown Carterville. Located just a few minutes from us, you will find THE BEST homemade quiche and other delicious options. Tip: Sit near the window for perfect lighting.
- Run down to Crown Brew Coffee Co. and enjoy a flight of various drinks you’ve been dying to taste. Have an assortment of coffee, non-coffee and craft lemonades so you’ll know which drink truly is your favorite. Although, honestly…that’s difficult. They are all the best!
- If it’s a Saturday, run over to the Carbondale Farmer’s Market to shop from the local farmers and artisans. Our favorite is the fresh Amish breads. Tip: Get there early for the blueberry bread.
- Head out to Rendleman Orchards to witness their GORGEOUS u-pick zinnia flower field. Grab a basket to gather your perfect bouquet. Take turns capturing breathtaking pictures of your friends in the field. But then put the phone or camera away and just enjoy the moment. Tip: Buy a fresh peach smoothie. You won’t regret it.
- Wind down at the nearest winery, like Alto Pass Vineyards, Von Jakob Vineyard or Hedman Vineyards. You don’t have to stick to one. Go try them all!
This stunning shoot is in collaboration with: