9 Lessons: When a Girly Girl Becomes a Boy Mom
From the moment I found out I was expecting, I just knew I was having a boy! It was time for me to give up buying high heels and start buying diapers. I'm now a girly girl who is blessed to be raising a boy! Ledger is my sweet, happy and cute little two year old man. I adore how curious and carefree he is. To be honest, I didn't know anything about boy stuff before him. I grew up in a girl family and we just didn't tackle each other (haha)! Sports were never a part of my interests...I was more concerned about what I was going to wear to the games instead!
So, for any other girly girls, here is what I've learned while raising a boy:
- Getting dirty is a requirement. Whether it's digging in the dirt or rolling around in the grass, I use better judgment on when I wear white clothing!
- Wrestling is not just something on television. It's a real contact sport...and little boys have to get out all of their energy!
- Stitches and ER visits are not my favorite....but have happened more times than I want to admit.
- Bruises and scratches become a part of the landscape while he interacts with the world.
- Water guns and games are more thrilling than I expected!
- Wear running shoes. All. Day. Long.
- Our second language is "Dinosaur." Rawr!!
- Mickey Mouse Clubhouse "Hot Dog Dance" is a better workout than Zumba.
- One short day can be full of more love than I ever expected.
As a boutique owner, I love how one part of my day is full of pretty dresses and stylish shoes....but then I get to end my day digging in the dirt searching for dinosaur fossils.
Happy Mommy Tee $32 // Polka Dot Scarf // White Tank Top with Pom Poms // Hat
All images courtesy of Britni Woodworth Photography.