Life + Style
3 Easy Steps to Become a SUPERMOM!
May 2015 Give Back Beautiful: Pregnancy Matters
At Eccentrics Boutique, we aspire to "Give Back Beautiful" to our community. We are excited to launch our newest campaign with a very important local agency: Pregnancy Matters. As a company that focuses on women, we also value family. Family is everything to us in this life. And we want to show that same support to those in our community.
Pregnancy Matters offers support to over 1,500 individuals and families in 12 different southern Illinois counties. Their medical staff includes a Medical Director to oversee free sonogram services. They also have volunteer nurses who gather medical histories from clients, provide patient education, and answer questions to assist in maintaining a healthy pregnancy. Their ultrasound technicians volunteer once a week to confirm a viable pregnancy and make referrals for prenantal care.
A list of their services include:
- Free pregnancy tests
- Ultrasound services
- Emotional support
- Confidential assistance
- Educational workshops for new and expecting mothers
- Financial counseling
- Follow-up calls
- Home visits (when requested)
Pregnancy Matters also offers donations to families in need:
- Prenatal vitamins
- Maternity clothing
- Baby supplies
- Infant clothing
- Diapers and wipes
- Baby equipment
- Bottles, formula and related items
Since many of us at Eccentrics Boutique have started our own families, we understand that it can be a very stressful and overwhelming experience. We are excited to spotlight this agency and do our part to help lighten the load of families with untimely pregnancies. On Saturday, May 30th, 2015, 20% of ALL SALES will be donated to Pregnancy Matters. We hope you will show your support and help us make this a great day for a great agency!
Stay Stylish and Give Back Beautiful!
9 Lessons: When a Girly Girl Becomes a Boy Mom
From the moment I found out I was expecting, I just knew I was having a boy! It was time for me to give up buying high heels and start buying diapers. I'm now a girly girl who is blessed to be raising a boy! Ledger is my sweet, happy and cute little two year old man. I adore how curious and carefree he is. To be honest, I didn't know anything about boy stuff before him. I grew up in a girl family and we just didn't tackle each other (haha)! Sports were never a part of my interests...I was more concerned about what I was going to wear to the games instead!
So, for any other girly girls, here is what I've learned while raising a boy:
- Getting dirty is a requirement. Whether it's digging in the dirt or rolling around in the grass, I use better judgment on when I wear white clothing!
- Wrestling is not just something on television. It's a real contact sport...and little boys have to get out all of their energy!
- Stitches and ER visits are not my favorite....but have happened more times than I want to admit.
- Bruises and scratches become a part of the landscape while he interacts with the world.
- Water guns and games are more thrilling than I expected!
- Wear running shoes. All. Day. Long.
- Our second language is "Dinosaur." Rawr!!
- Mickey Mouse Clubhouse "Hot Dog Dance" is a better workout than Zumba.
- One short day can be full of more love than I ever expected.
As a boutique owner, I love how one part of my day is full of pretty dresses and stylish shoes....but then I get to end my day digging in the dirt searching for dinosaur fossils.
Happy Mommy Tee $32 // Polka Dot Scarf // White Tank Top with Pom Poms // Hat